To enable API access in Salesforce Classic or Lightning, you should keep the following information in mind:
Editions with no API Access :
Although, you can turn your API on by contacting your Salesforce Account Executive and request it to enable your API.
Step-by-step instruction from Salesforce support
You can enable your Salesforce (Contact, Group, Professional) API for a maximum of two weeks.
To that, email Salesforce Customer Support with an answer to the following questions:
- 1. Are you the System Administrator authorized on behalf of this Organization to make this request? Do you understand the implications of getting the API access?
2. What is the Organization ID (where you would like to get the API access)?
3. How long would you like for the API access to be applied? (Maximum of two weeks)
NOTE: It can only be requested singularly. Requests spanning concurrent two week periods will not be granted.
5. Why do you need to get an API limit access? (What is the business case?)
6. Are you doing a data upload or data migration? Is this increase for an integration?
Information to include in your request for a data upload or data migration
- How many records and what objects will you upload?
- What batch size is being used?
- What tool will be used? (The bulk API allows to upload 10,000 records/batch x number of batches).
Information to include in your request for an integration
- What specific API calls will the integration be sending and how many?
- What application will be used?
In case you have some issues with getting the Salesforce API access or its implementation, feel free to contact Data2CRM expert, to get useful insights.
After enabling API access in Salesforce, you should inform your Data2CRM account manager about the exact time you have your API available to set up your CRM data migration.