How to successfully migrate to HubSpot CRM in 2019
In today’s technological world, the success of a business depends on its CRM.
A well-suitable CRM system can help you to:
- Receive, store, and analyze tons of information about your customers
- Get organized reports on business processes
- Make wiser decisions
- Meet clients’ needs faster and easier
- Create and strengthen your company’s ecosystem
However, data transfer can be a difficult task. The most common challenge is the discrepancy between the names of data fields or other features.
If you are planning to move to HubSpot CRM, here are tips that will help you switch your current CRM to HubSpot with pleasure and ease.
Prepare your data
Before transferring your CRM to HubSpot, it is highly recommended that you prepare the data you want to migrate.
- Test HubSpot CRM before moving all your records. Sign up for free and check out all the system’s features and functionalities.
- Filter and analyze all of your data and delete duplicates to ensure smooth and accurate data transfer.
- Have a backup solution just in case to avoid the potential loss of important records. Many CRM platforms can export your business information into CSV or Excel. Don’t hesitate to use 3rd party services to export the information automatically. In this way, all your data and attachments will be gathered and downloaded within a separate .ZIP archive.
Choose your migration tool
There are a few ways to migrate to HubSpot CRM:
1. Data Import from CSV Files
You can export data from your CRM into a CSV and import them into HubSpot. However, be wary of the potential to lose some data and relations between records if you choose this method.
2. 3rd-Party Services
Use 3rd-party services like Trujay (Data2CRM). It can transfer more than 50 data fields, including custom ones, between 100+ solutions automatically.
If you need more advanced options or the desired platform is not supported for automated transfer, use custom migration.
What do you get when choosing Trujay to migrate to HubSpot CRM?
- Data security and privacy
- Fields and users mapping
- 100% uptime of both CRM platforms
- Free sample migration
- Free estimation
- Saved relations between modules
- The possibility to start migration over (Migration Insurance)
- During & post-migration technical support
3. HubSpot Technical Support
You can also get a HubSpot technical consultant to provide you with a personalized, custom solution to fit your requirements. Moreover, you can get help with database settings, integrations, sales team training, etc.
Perform the actual migration
When importing data to HubSpot, it is recommended to use migration services to save your time and efforts.
Step 1. Visit our Wizard to start a one-page sample migration. No registration required. Just log into your current and future CRMs by filling in the required credentials or by clicking the "Authorize" button. You’ll receive your results by email.
Notice that we don’t ask you to authorize if the chosen platform cannot be migrated automatically. Instead, we’ll show you our packages and pricing page.
Actions to take after the migration
After your data has been transferred, it is recommended to use these post-migration tips for easy platform implementation and automation:
- Check out if the records are transferred to the proper fields;
- Find out if the connections between the records are migrated and saved correctly;
- Make sure to build personalized workflow rules;
- Set up the filters for reporting tools;
- Continue to educate your staff about the new system by providing the necessary training
To sum up
Free, straightforward and standalone, HubSpot CRM is designed to enhance business success with simplicity and affordability.
If you want to know more about the migration process or have some specific questions, feel free to contact our experts.